Moving from iPhone to Windows Phone

Since I just received a HTC Surround running Windows Phone 7, I thought I would like to share some of my experiences making the switch from an iPhone to this new phone. To begin with I can say that I have been using first an iPhone 3GS and then an iPhone 4 for about 3-4 years, so I was pretty accustomed to the iPhone. The upgrade from 3GS to 4 went without any trouble using an iTunes backup. Unfo... [More]

Virtual Sitecore users and editorlicenses

As you may have read previously I just got Sitecore Xpress running as my new website. This was all fine and I have even configured it to use my own SSO solution (which I will discuss in another post), but suddenly I encountered a strange problem. I suddenly started experiencing issues when both my wife and I wanted to edit content at the same time. I had set up my login routine to use my SSO solu... [More]

Running Sitecore 6 on a single database

This is a short and simple blog post describing the actions that I took to get Sitecore Xpress running on a single MS SQL database instead of 3 which is default when Sitecore 6 is installed. This was a requirement because my website is running at a webhost where you by default only can have one SQL database. I knew that this was possible since the datastructure of the three databases is the same ... [More]

Strange IE9 + Chrome css bug

Just doing some tweaking today I came across a very strange bug in IE9. I’m guessing for some reason that it must be by design, but it just seems odd for making a design reason which turns against the css standard. The bug is fairly simple to reproduce and I created it using the following code <html> <head>    <style type="text/css">    ... [More]


Having recently changed jobs, I am now involved in a Sharepoint upgrade project from Sharepoint 2007 to 2010, so my intentions for this blog will be for the time to come to write about some of the experiences that I will learn throughout the upgrade period, so stay tuned…

Final resort for modifying your HTML output - Part 1

Using Response Filter For the first method of modifying the html output I can suggest using a Response Filter. This i a filter that you can attach to the response stream which means that all output is sent through your specific filter before it is outputted to the client. This means that we can make any modifications to the output that we should desire. As described in my intro the first soluti... [More]